Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Salisbury Steaks

So if you haven’t noticed, I have been making a lot of hamburger recipes lately. I bought some frozen hamburgers at work so I have quite a few of them filling up my freezer for use. They are 100% hamburger, already shaped. Just need to add seasoning for quick weeknight meals!  I like to use what I have on hand so here is what I threw together for Salisbury Steaks.

 

Salisbury Steak

Ingredients:

1 box frozen hamburgers

1 package of mushrooms

½ chopped onion

1 tbsp minced garlic

2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 packet French onion soup mix (make sure it’s gluten free)

½ cup sour cream

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

-Cook burgers on a skillet until cooked through.

-Add mushrooms, onions and garlic to the pan drippings and simmer until onions are translucent.

-Add in Worcestershire sauce, cream of mushroom soup, and French onion soup mix.

-Simmer about 5-10 minutes. (add in cornstarch and water mix if you need to thicken it up).

-Once you are done simmering, you can add in sour cream.

-Put the burgers on the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.

-Add the gravy mixture on top of the burgers.

-Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

-Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment